Purpose of the Internship Programme
• Opportunity for university graduates or university (advanced) students, to gain work experience related to their background and interests.
• Enrich the curriculum vitae of interns with experience in a well respected international organization.
• Enable UNHCR to benefit from the work undertaken by interns.
• Advanced students or graduates in the area of political sciences, economic and social development, international relations, public policy, law.
• Able to demonstrate initiative, work independently, and flexibility.
• Interests in humanitarian activities, human rights, refugees, or the United Nations Organization.
Applications may be sent:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Fax: 22 359037
Via Mail: UNHCR
UNHCR Representation in Cyprus
PO Box 21642
Applications must include a completed internship application form available electronically on Internet site http://www.unhcr.ch – see Internships section.
Administration, Supervision of Interns
Once selected, you will be assigned to a work unit (Public Information Unit or Legal Protection Unit) or to other ad-hoc refugee projects, under the supervision of a member of the permanent staff who will be responsible to guide you in your duties.
After the completion of the internship and based on their performance, interns will be issued a letter of reference covering the period of internship with UNHCR and area of work.
No provision is made for remuneration of interns. All costs connected with internships must be borne by the interns or sponsors. However, a provision has been made to cover for transportation fees of interns at a fixed rate of 30.75 Euros for fulltime internships and 15.00 Euros for part time internships, respectively. Transportation outside Nicosia will be reimbursed.
Subsequent Employment by UNHCR
There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.